Why should solar water heating systems (SWHS) be used?
Good reasons to use SWHS
There are very good reasons to use SWHS in the industry:
- Using fossil fuels for heat generation means:
- dependency on fossil fuel delivery (mostly imported)
- unpredictable energy prices (which can grow very fast)
- air pollution and pollution of the local environment
- Using electricity for heat generation means:
- unsecure supply due to power outage
- high costs
- Governments worldwide aiming to reduce the use of fossil fuels (decarbonisation) to limit climate change. To achieve this goal, the pressure to consumer will increase to reduce fossil fuel consumption
- A growing number of customers expect, that companies act in an environmental friendly manner
SWHS are replacing fossil fuels for heating purposes. They save fuels, reduce energy costs, avoid air pollution and actively contribute to limit climate change.